Monday, September 1, 2008

The Constitution and Economic Freedom


I created this blog to discuss things that I believe passionately about and to provide information on the principles of economics. I hope to do this based on demonstrable or tested truths rather than rhetorical opinions. Everyone has some beliefs based in their surroundings and experiences. You could say that I was always a conservative, but I did not really become a conservative until I studied economics in college. I quickly wondered how anyone that studied and understood economic principles could ever desire things like increasing taxes and raising the minimum wage. My economics professor once said, "a free market system isn't perfect, but it's the best system we know about."

There are two things that I firmly believe in when it comes to politics and government: The Constitution and economic freedom, two things that make America a great country. The problem is that these two pillars in the creation of the United States of America are under attack. There are groups attacking from many angles trying to build a different America: “The world as it is” and “The world as it should be..."

We can only fight this stigma, this flawed ideology, by educating ourselves. I think my economics professor understood this and did his best to educate his students on economic principles proven over and over throughout history. I hope to do the same.

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
-John Adams

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your blog is great! Keep up the good work. Thanks again bro.
-Rob Hines
Roberthines09@gmail.com

Matt said...

Thanks Rob! I appreciate your support.